Aftercare Of Your Custom Tattoo Or Body Piercing
Tattoo Care Instructions:
1) Remove the bandage after one hour
- All wounds need to breathe in order to heal properly.
2) Washing the tattoo
- Use your fingertips or hand only.
- Use a mild antibacterial soap and warm water.
- Take care to remove all traces of blood to prevent scabbing.
- Do not scrub the tattoo with a washcloth during the two week healing time.
- Pat the tattoo dry with a clean paper towel, or just let it air dry.
- Apply a thin coat of ointment at least 3 times a day
- Just enough to make it shine. A little goes a long way.
- Aquaphor is our recommended ointment.
- There is no need to re-bandage your tattoo, just keep a very thin layer of ointment on top keep it moist and prevent scabs.
4) Keeping your Tattoo clean
- Avoid long showers or baths for 2 weeks. Also, avoid prolonged soaking so no swimming, hot tubs, or saunas.
- Keep showers to under 10 minutes.
5) Do not scratch or pick at your tattoo
- To relieve itching, tap lightly with your hand.
6) The sun can be bad for your tattoo
- Sunburn on tattoos can cause many problems.
- Please wait for your tattoo to heal completely before going into the sun or a tanning bed. Make sure to use a high quality sun block (not sunscreen) do not apply sunblock while a tattoo is in the healing process.
- Over time, the sun will cause any tattoo to fade.
1. Wash hands before cleaning your piercing with unsented antibacterial soap.
2. Wash piercing three times daily with soap or H2Ocean.
3. For oral piercing, use a non alcoholic antiseptic mouth was, four times daily.
4. Ibuprofen can be used to treat pain and swelling.
5. Jewelry can be changed within four to six weeks depending on the healing.
6. Avoid alcohol, bactine and hydrogen peroxide.
7. Be patient with your peircing and call or stop byif you need help.