Aftercare Of Your Custom Tattoo Or Body Piercing
Custom Tattoo Care Instructions from Sacred Raven Tattoo:
Click here if wrapped with Saniderm.
1) Remove the bandage after one hour
- All wounds need to breathe in order to heal properly.
2) Washing the tattoo
- Use your fingertips or hand only.
- Use a mild antibacterial soap and warm water.
- Take care to remove all traces of blood to prevent scabbing.
- Do not scrub the tattoo with a washcloth during the two week healing time.
- Pat the tattoo dry with a clean paper towel, or just let it air dry.
- Can I shower after getting a tattoo? Short answer: yes, with cool or lukewarm water.
- Apply a thin coat of ointment at least 3 times a day
- Just enough to make it shine. A little goes a long way.
- Lubriderm unscented is our recommended ointment.
- There is no need to re-bandage your tattoo, just keep a very thin layer of ointment on top keep it moist and prevent scabs.
4) Keeping your Tattoo clean
- Avoid long showers or baths for 2 weeks. Also, avoid prolonged soaking so no swimming, hot tubs, or saunas.
- Keep showers to under 10 minutes.
5) Do not scratch or pick at your tattoo
- To relieve itching, tap lightly with your hand.
6) The sun can be bad for your tattoo
- Sunburn on tattoos can cause many problems.
- Please wait for your tattoo to heal completely before going into the sun or a tanning bed. Make sure to use a high quality sun block (not sunscreen) do not apply sunblock while a tattoo is in the healing process.
- Over time, the sun will cause any tattoo to fade.
7) Other Tattoo Aftercare Notes
- If you're getting a tattoo after receiving a covid shot or vice versa wait 30 days. More covid tattoo information.
- DIY tattoos at home are dangerous and can cause infection, if you suspect your tattoo is infected seek medical help immediately.
Piercing Care Instructions:
- Wash hands before cleaning your piercing with unsented antibacterial soap.
- Wash piercing three times daily with soap or H2Ocean.
- For oral piercing, use a non alcoholic antiseptic mouth was, four times daily.
- Ibuprofen can be used to treat pain and swelling.
- Jewelry can be changed within four to six weeks depending on the healing.
- Avoid alcohol, bactine and hydrogen peroxide.
- Be patient with your peircing and call or stop byif you need help.
- Learn more about how to take care of a septum piercing and tongue piercing
Microblading aftercare instructions:
- Keep your brows dry for minimum of seven days. Yes, this means keeping your face dry while you shower.
- For one week do not wear makeup, especially pencil brows and eyebrow makeup. The microblading pigments are settling into your skin.
- As your eyebrows heal, they may flake or scab, this is normal, do not pick, tug, or itch your eyebrows.
- Keep your face dry from moisture induced by saunas, swimming, and sweating while the eyebrows heal (1 month) and schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Keep your hair and accessories away from your brow line.
- Regularly apply the recommended medicating cream or healing lotion provided by your microblading specialist as directed.
Directions to Sacred Raven Tattoo | Our Fayetteville Ink & Piercing Shop in Fayetteville NC
We make walk in tattoos and piercings easy. Many tattoo shops in Fayetteville make you book in advance. At Sacred Raven Tattoo you can walk in anytime from 12p to 9p - seven days a week. Click on "Directions" below the map or if you'd rather schedule for another day, fill out your booking deposit above. We'll see you soon.